If you are like us, the winter is not the most enjoyable time of the year. While we enjoy the Holidays and festivities, the short days and cold nights seem to drag on forever. Here are 5 Fall Home Cleaning Tips to help make sure your home is in good shape before winter sets in.
- START OUTSIDE: You probably spent time clearing the yard from leaves so don’t forget your gutters! Clear gutters of debris and don’t forget to check the downspouts. Disconnect garden hoses from the spigot and drain the water out of the hose to avoid frozen pipes! If you have any patio furniture, wash it down before storing it away for the winter.
- CLEAN THE WINDOWS: Wash the windows inside and out. There is a good chance they have accumulated a lot of dust and grime from the summer and fall. The increased light from clean windows will make the long winter days a bit more enjoyable. It can even help make the inside of your house feel warmer. Removing the screens will help increase the amount of light as well making it feel even brighter.
- FIREPLACE CHECK: Have a professional clean and inspect the fireplace and chimney so you can safely enjoy a warm fire.
- CARPET CLEAN UP: Schedule a professional carpet cleaning. You spent all summer and fall bringing in dirt. Give the carpets a fresh cleaning, it can also improve the indoor air quality in your home.
- HEATER SERVICE: Depending on what type of heater you use for your home, call in a professional to service the furnace. A tuned up furnace can help lower utility and fuel bills over the winter.
For help with your Fall home cleaning cleaning check out some of the companies we recommend:
If you need gutter cleaning service, check out our fall specials at www.GetTheLeavesOut.com
For a professional window cleaning visit our friends at Fish Window Cleaning.